Monday, February 28, 2011

Enough LaBeouf!

Alright, Oscar night was mediocre at best so I will not waste time describing what all other sites have said. Hathaway was adorable and obviously very excited to be hosting (as she should be) and Franco looked bored to be there. Inception deserved more attention than that of an action flick (no award for screenplay OR score), and King's Speech received more awards than was deserved. Sidenote: How the hell did Trent Reznor win for score in The Social Network?!? All he did was play three ominous piano keys through the entire film and we give him an Oscar for that? I could have written the score for that! Hans Zimmer fit a song INSIDE of a song! He 100% deserved praise over his fellow nominees. If you don't believe me, watch this:



Completely ridiculous that a score with that much thought put into it could lose. All in all, this was an average awards show but still kept me entertained until the end. Also, I lost in my own ballot competition, which could account for most of my bitterness. Hopefully, next year will turn out better.

Oh dear, I had only planned on ranting for a sentence or two. Anywho, the reason I decided to do a post in the first place was a completely different topic. Y: The Last Man, my favorite graphic novel series, would make an awesome movie. D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye, Disturbia) was attached to the production up until this year. Scripts were made, names were attached, and things seemed to be looking good. The one bad side? Mr. Caruso wanted Shia LaBeouf to play Yorick Brown, the main character/total badass. Badass is a word I would never use to describe Shia LaBeouf. Hell, even having to capitalize the 'B' in his last name is starting to irritate me.
Recently, over a dispute between Caruso and his production company over how many films should be made of the series, Caruso left the film completely to focus on his new baby, I Am Number Four. Because of this, Y: the Last Man seems to have been indefinitely shelved. At least, according to Wikipedia. Yes, it is sad to see that no progress is being made but there is also a good side: no more LaBeouf portraying the last man on earth!

Honestly, he would just spend the whole film telling people no...

No comments:

Post a Comment