Tuesday, March 13, 2012

High-Ho Silver!


So I guess I'm a little behind on the whole Lone Ranger thing but this morning I had my mind blown by the group of people involved in the project. Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio (Pirate franchise, Treasure Planet) are some of my favorite writers and Armie Hammer, who I'm sure is going to be the next big name, is the starring lead. Yes, that's Johnny Depp next to him as Tonto but I think this movie is going to be much more than some action-packed, big budget blockbuster (say that three times fast).

The cast is pretty much transferred over from the Pirates franchise (Gore Verbinski is directing as well) and I feel that this movie will have the same feel as the first Pirates film did. We have a fresh new idea based of a fairly popular series and while I can't say anything about the likely sequels already lined up for Lone Ranger, the first one shouldn't disappoint.

Sidenote: does anyone else think it's weird that Armie Hammer is also the heir to the big Arm and Hammer fortune? I mean, how cocky was his dad to name his son Armand Hammer? I feel for the poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment