Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shows I Watched as a Kid that No One Else Did

I didn't waste my entire childhood in front of the TV. But when I did devote time to it, I knew to only spend time on the good shows. It has recently come to my attention that no one else shared this credo. I didn't waste my time on the Rugrats, Muppet Babies, or Catdog. I had standards. Standards that led to shows like Recess, Hey Arnold, and Rocko's Modern Life. Yet some of the shows I loved the most, no one seems to have heard of. It is time to share these with the rest of the world.




Starting with my absolute favorite: The Weekenders. Simple enough plot of four friends who spend every weekend hanging out but every minute of the show was something to be enjoyed. The humor had a perfect blend with sarcasm, the characters were hysterical, and the theme song was done by Wayne Brady. Not sure if that last one counts for anything but the show was awesome and I would watch reruns for years if they still played.




Swat Kats. They're cats. Who fly jets. And do other cool shit that we all love to see. It's always awesome to see a kids show that focuses on action (Transformers anyone?). Easily one of the most bitchin shows to be forgotten by my generation. Bonus points for those who know their names. Answer: T-Bone and Razor. I'll be honest, I had to wikipedia Razor's name.




Wow. It's crazy to see this intro after so many years. This is Reboot. A CGI show that was made before people even knew the term 'CGI.' And even better than just being computer animated, the show takes place IN a computer! Seriously, the bad guy is even called Megabyte. I'll admit, I remember it looking less boxy than it does but that doesn't mean it wasn't any less amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment